Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Nar Dictionary?
Nar Dictionary is a free, advanced dictionary and translation tool which can translate with only a click without writing any word. It is also available at www.nardictionary.com
2. How can I translate with Nar Dictionary?
There are 2 different options available to make translations. At first, you can translate quickly and practical by downloading Nar Dictionary and installing it.
The second method is using our website at nardictionary.com, so you don't need any installation. Simply wrtie the word you want to translate to the search box.
3. How can I translate with a click without writing a word?
You can make translations by clicking the defined hotkey (default is CTRL + right mouse click) when the cursor is over a the word you wish to translate, then the translation results will be displayed in Nar Dictionary window. To see a demo please click here.
4. Do I need to pay for Nar Sözlük?
No. Nar Dictionary is totally free. You can use Nar Dictionary software and website freely.
5. Which dictionaries are available for Nar Dictionary?
Nar Dictionary includes these dictionaries at present:
6. How many words and idioms does the dictionaries have?
The approximate number of definitions are shown below:
7. Is Nar Dictionary software safe?
Nar Dictionary does not contain any harmful component or code. All releases are scanned with latest anti-virus softwares. Please be sure that you have downloaded Nar Dictionary from our official website www.nardictionary.com.
8. Are there any hardware or operating system restrictions to use Nar Dictionary?
Nar Dictionary is based on Windows operating systems and requires Windows 2000, Windows XP or Windows Vista operating system to run. However there isn't any hardware restriction. Nar Dictionary is an online translator, therefore internet connection is essential.
9. How can I get detailed information about the usage and configurations of Nar Dictionary?
Right click to the Nar Dictionary tray icon or click at the wrench icon on Nar Dictionary window and then select help from menu. Help demos are also available online at our website.
10. Can I use Nar Dictionary on my mobile phone?
It is possible to use Nar Dictionary by browsing www.nardictionary.com at your phone.
11. From which file formats is Nar Dictionary able to capture words?
Nar Dictionary supports all text files (doc, xls, pdf, txt, htm, etc.). It can also capture words and texts from desktop and other softwares.
12. I can't translate with Nar Dictionary by clicking on the word, what can be the reason?
Please be sure that the mouse cursor is on the text you want to translate and that you don't click on a field with a picture format (jpg, gif, bmp, png). Detailed information about hotkeys of Nar Dictionary is available in the help file.
13. I can't translate into some languages, what is the problem?
When Nar Dictionary is installed by default not all dictionaries are selected. To select the desired dictionaries go to the settings. To watch the how-to-do video click here.
14. I can't capture words in Vista, why?
Nar Dictionary should ordinarily work well in Vista. But there are some known problems with Vista's User Account Control (UAC) when installing applications. UAC or some antivirus/firewall software may prevent of installing the necessary libraries or config files. Please try reinstalling the application as an Administrator (or UAC disabled) and firewalls disabled. Detailed documentation about UAC can be found on http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922708.